Google Business Profile Support Services for Franchisees and Restaurant Owners
(aka Google My Business Listing)
Here’s Why Restaurant Brands Partner with That’s Biz…
The Google Business Profile is the most overlooked local marketing opportunity by Restaurant Brands!
The average local restaurant Business Profile is viewed 20,000 to 40,000 times each month.
Google Business Profiles are front and center in every Google Search AND Google Maps view.
The opportunity for your Google business profile to wow potential customers and outshine the competition is there for the taking.
But who has the time to make your local listings sing?
Corporate marketing is overwhelmed promoting the brand. Digital marketing platforms, social platforms, programmatic advertising, Connected TV, local POP materials, loyalty systems, email marketing…
Taking on another repetitive task is not in the cards.
Your franchisees are overwhelmed. One more self-service platform to manage their business profiles takes away time from their most important tasks providing great food and great service.
That’s where we come in. We optimize and manage the local Google Business Profiles for you at affordable rates. You can focus on the tasks and problems that deliver the most value to your brand.
Most importantly, we delight your franchisees with amazing service and monthly dashboards demonstrating the value of the services we deliver to their individual locations.
We’re part of your team. A team that listens to the franchisees, follows your brand direction, and gets stuff done.
Here’s Why That’s Biz Delivers Great Results…
Our exclusive focus on restaurants for over ten years gets you better local visibility with your Google Business Profile.
Feel confident your Google Business Profile will capture the attention of local customers giving them the information they want to know to choose your restaurant.
We delight local restaurant owners with affordable done for you services. We fully complete your restaurant GMB listings, regularly add photos and posts, and answer burning questions your customers may have.
Feast your eyes on monthly Dashboard reports showing the increase in customers views and clicks on your profile.
With our exclusive focus on restaurants, we know how to promote your restaurant brand and influence customers to choose your restaurant.
Local Business Problems Google Business Profiles Solve
- More Calls Placing Orders
- More Directions Requests
- More Website Views
- Top 3 Search Results
- Remove 3rd Party Ordering Links
- Correct Business Categories
How Google Determines Your Local Ranking
“Near Me” restaurant searches display the top three listings Google feels are relevant to what customers are searching for.
The information provided in your Google Business Profile is the biggest determining factor of the top three listings (aka the Local 3-Pack).
Your local search results are based on:
- How well your local Google Business Profile matches what someone is searching for.
- How far a person is from your location at the moment they are searching for a restaurant “near me”.
- How confident Google is that your restaurant is the best choice based on your online reputation.
How We Help Google Improve Your Local Ranking
Selecting Relevant Categories:
- We select the primary restaurant category that is specific to your ideal customers.
- We select secondary categories that truly reflect the type of restaurant or cuisine offering of your restaurant.
- We compare to the categories selected by your direct competitors.
Selecting the Best Attributes:
Attributes highlight important information in your GMB listings. Google uses the attributes when people search for specific attributes like “delivery”.
The following attributes appear on listings in organic search and Maps as well as in local search results on mobile.
- Curbside pickup
- No-contact delivery
Many more attributes specified in the locations GMB listing answer logistical questions like:
- Types of Seating – Outdoor, Rooftop, etc
- Offerings – Beer, Wine, Cocktails, Happy Hour, Craft Beer, etc
- Dining Options – Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Catering, etc
- Atmosphere – Family Friendly, LGBTQ Friendly
Make it easier for customers to check your website, start an online order or book a reservation with local business links displayed on your Google Business Profile. Links include:
- View a Menu
- Online Ordering
- Make a Reservation
Removing 3rd Party Ordering Links:
Third-party online ordering providers automatically appear on your restaurant business profiles. We work with you to remove these links for you eliminating the loss of third-party fees on orders that should be placed with your online ordering.
Building Interest In Your Restaurant:
Google reports that businesses with photos receive 42% more requests for driving directions and 35% more click-throughs to their websites.
Google Posts do not directly impact your rankings. But with 20 to 40 thousand views per month your Google Business profile can directly influence people to choose your location.
GMB Posts can help improve your local search rankings substantially. According to Moz, Google My Business Signals is the largest local pack/finder ranking factor.
We manage GMB listings for restaurants including the following:
- Menu Items
- Interior Seating
- Latest Offers
- Current Events
- Business Updates
- Regular Hours
- Holiday Hours
- Split Hours in the Day
Burning Customer Questions Answered:
- We pose and answers questions allowing the business owner to answer common questions that could otherwise go unanswered
- We answer questions posed by customers.
- Your answers can be featured in search results if customer queries feature keywords directly relevant to your search.
Customer Reviews and Ranking
The number of reviews and average rating prominently displays in organic Google search results and on Google maps. The Google review count and review score factor into local search rankings. More reviews and positive ratings can improve your business’ local ranking.
Google’s support page for Google My Business explicitly tells businesses to, “interact with customers by responding to reviews that they leave about your business. Responding to reviews shows that you value your customers and the feedback that they leave about your business.”
We can respond to Google reviews and include it in our the service. Review response services typically encompass other review platforms like Yelp and Facebook.
The Monthly Dashboard provides you evidence that managing your listings positively impacts search results in three major areas:
1. Trying to Buy – Evidence people intend to make a purchase.
- a. Viewing your website.
- b. Calling your business.
- c. Asking for driving directions.
2. Influence – Evidence people love your restaurant.
- a. Influence – Evidence people love your restaurant.
- b. Total number of views of your photos.
- c. Number of people searching for your brand.
3. Local Presence – Evidence of a strong local presence.
- a. Found your location when searching for terms related to your type of restaurant.
- b. Searched for you by name, phone number or address.
- c. Number of times your GMB listing was seen in Google Search or Google Maps.
All data is compared to the baseline data. The baseline data is the average of the three months prior to when we started managing your GMB listings.
Protecting Your Brand:
Brands can make it easy for local owners to leverage Google Business Profiles (GMB Listings) by partnering with a local agency partner focused on the restaurant industry to manage the listing. GMB listing management is performed strictly to brand standards and incorporate only approved brand image assets.
How We Manage Your GMB Profile(s):
- Listings management starts with an initial review and optimization the current GMB Listing profiles.
- Detailed recommendations are emailed for review/approval to ensure we have accurately captured everything your location(s) offer.
- Potential Name, Address, and Phone (NAP) issues may be identified in the review process. NAP inconsistency across multiple listing sites may point to the need for a citation listing review and correction.
- On-going page management starts with a review of your annual calendar of restaurant events and promotions. We also discuss upcoming Limited Time Offers (LTOs). We review your social profiles for updated posts that can also be leveraged on the GMB profile.
- Photos and Posts (Offers, Events and Updates) are created and posted weekly as appropriate using branded image assets.
- Offers are posted using digital coupons incorporating brand Facebook ad pixels and brand Google tracking.
- Q&A is posted monthly. Since we only work with restaurants, we have a good list of standard questions we can post and answer with your input.
- Responding to Google reviews can be included in the service. Review response services typically encompass others review platforms like Yelp and Facebook.
- Average per location GMB page management fees vary based on the number of locations participating.
- Local owners cover the monthly GMB listing management fees assuming no corporate funding of the program.