A lot of restaurant owners are understandably wary about trying to make use of online reviews. After all, the prevailing notion is that people who are most likely to write reviews are ones who had extremely negative experiences, so why give them a platform to spread these potentially toxic opinions?
But the fact is, having a large number of reviews is critical to the success of your restaurant’s marketing. The more reviews you have, especially when those reviews are positive, the more likely it is that people will find your restaurant online and be willing to give it a try.
With that being said, here are a few tips to help you get some more online reviews written for your restaurant:
• Make it easy. A lot of people either don’t want to go out of their way to write a review, or simply don’t even think to do so once they’ve left the doors of your restaurant. One of the services we offer at That’s Biz is a restaurant review service that allows loyal customers who receive your coupons to put in a review right after they pay the bill, before they even get up to leave. It’s quick, it’s easy and it targets people who are likely to already be loyal, satisfied customers.
• Ask for reviews. If you want reviews, ask for them! It really is that simple sometimes. Put a feedback URL on receipts. Use your social media page or email lists, for example, to reach out to people who follow you and ask them to leave a review. You may be surprised at how many people do it.
• Never ignore bad reviews. Not every customer who goes to your restaurant is going to have an amazing experience. This is impossible to ignore. Therefore, you shouldn’t try to ignore negative reviews. Respond tactfully to negative reviews left on sites, and be genuine about inviting them back and promising a better experience. Remember: other people are reading these reviews, so the way you respond will reflect on the character of your restaurant. If people see you responding even to negative reviews, they’ll get a better view of your restaurant and be more willing to give you a shot.
• Thank people for reviews. Take a few moments to thank anyone who leaves a review. They went out of their way to tell people how great you are — they deserve your gratitude!
For more assistance in getting more reviews for your restaurant, contact us today at That’s Biz!
Dave Gonynor, CEO
“I believe that the basis for long term success in any business is delivering outstanding service at every point of contact with your customers. One of my favorite books is, “Moments of Truth” by Jan Carlson. Jan was CEO of Scandanavian Airlines and turned the whole company around by getting everyone in the company to understand that a customer’s impression of your business is the result of thousands of individual points of contact or “Moment’s of Truth”.
Anyone in the restaurant business understands and gets that. Delivering great food and great service is the result of the collective efforts of everyone in the business. We try to instill in every That’s Biz team member that same philosophy.”
Latest posts by Dave Gonynor (see all)
- How to increase your email promotion results by 15 percent - August 24, 2018
- How to Email Single Use Digital Birthday Coupons - April 10, 2018
- 18 Simple Tips to Revive Your Restaurant Email Marketing - January 7, 2018